Sunday 27 December 2009

Nigerian banker...really?

Well, that's interesting.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8431470.stm

The father of the Nigerian gentleman that tried to blow up an Airbus 330, had tried to warn of his son's extreme views before the attack. Not much was thought of it, and he wasn't put on the no-fly list. This is of no suprise to me - not because of US incompetence, although I fear that this is as endemic as the article relates Nigerian corruption, but rather because I can so easily conceive of a US Government official reading an email of warning, and then reading 'Banker in Nigeria', and hitting 'SPAM'. I mean, the logic is clear! It must be SPAM! All other spam reads - 'Hello. I am writing to you from the Bank of Nigeria...' - so this guy must be a spammer!!

Well done you,

Sapere Aude,


M.

No comments:

Post a Comment